Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mary R. Alexander is the GMA

     This is a tribute to my Mother, Mary R. Alexander.  Kevin Durant said his mother was the most valuable player (MVP) after he received the National Basketball Association MVP award. Well, my mother is more than an MVP,  my mother is the GMA. I will share what that stands for at the end, but let me tell you why she is the GMA. 
       An MVP is given an award at the end of the each year. My Mother became the GMA nearly 42 years ago. She became the GMA because she gave me life and continues to be there for me.  She worked two jobs to provide for me when I was growing up.  She was a teacher by day and worked part-time jobs at night, but she managed to be at every event I had in school. She managed to be there when I was injured,  and she was there when I need correcting. At my lowest points in life she stood on high ground and lifted me up.  At my highest points in life, she was there to keep me grounded.  I could and can count on my mother no matter what.  She understands how difficult life can be and lets me know that the world can be a hard place, but if you trust in God, work hard and do what is right everything will work out. 

    Mother I love you and you are the GREATEST MOTHER OF ALL TIME. (GMA)
 
Love Your Son... Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are highly encouraged.

Blog Archive