Monday, August 20, 2012

Cherish Life's Passing Moments

      Our lives are but passing moments.  Today, I received word that a close family friend passed away.  As the words left the phone into my ears, a flood of memories entered my mind.  It seemed like just yesterday this person's encouraging smile and strong spirit lifted my youthful heart.  So often we take for granted the time we have here on earth and with others.  The seemingly small acts - laughing at a joke, sharing a dinner, watching a television show - are taken for granted.  People get caught up in maintaining social status, appearances, or their position of authority and every minute they spend on futile things is one minute less that they have to cherish life. I have been guilty of this as well as many others.  Today, let us recognize that life is but a passing moment and we must live with a renewed passion for every second, every minute, every hour and every day. 

    My prayers go out to the son who lost a mother, the lady who lost a sister, the girl who lost an aunt, and the child who lost a grandmother.  I choice to keep there names in confidence while provoking each of us to cherish life's passing moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are highly encouraged.

Blog Archive