Thursday, March 29, 2012

Hate, Racism, Ignorance, and Bigotry Are My Names


The lives that have been destroyed by my names
      In 1963 four young African American girls - Cynthia Wesley, Addie Mae Collins, Carole Robertson, and Denise were killed because of me.  I returned again in 2007 and took the life of Angel Silva. My need to kill returned in 1999, so I took the life of Billy Jack Gaither.  I needed more in 2012, so I took both James Anderson and Trayvon Martin.

     I go by many names - hate, racism, bigotry, ignorance.   Under the poison of my names gangs, organizations, and individuals take innocent lives everyday. 

     Why do I exist?

      Because you fail to see the faces of those whom lives I destory - not just Cynthia, James, Trayvon, or Billy - but many like them.  You teach my names - hate, racism, ignorance, and bigotry to your children.  Then your children become my weapons of death. 

How can you stop me?

      I have an antidote whose names are love, respect, and tolerance.  

      You say your religions teach the antidote, but I find that my names are common place within your members. 

       I must go now, I hear my names.   
       Will you stop me with the antidote of love, respect, and tolerance - or will you continue to use hate, racism, ignorance and bigotry as your medicine?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are highly encouraged.

Blog Archive